Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review: The Roommate (Rated PG-13)

Synopsis: An emotionally unstable college freshman (Leighton Meester) grows obsessed with her unsuspecting roommate in Danish director Christian E. Christiansen's English-language debut. Source 

Review
Plot: I will say that I was iffy with this movie because I've seen the plot before. The crazy roommate that wants to become like the other or be the only one's friend. It's always a girl and she's always crazy. This movie does not disappoint with the craziness! You see it in the first half hour of the movie! It seemed like the craziness would never stop...and that is a good thing. However, I've seen this kind of thing before, which made most of the antics predictable.

Actors: Leighton Meester (Rebecca)-Meester is definitely on her way for future roles. She scared me *excuse my language* shitless. All her stalker stares and actions were...oh my gosh! I can't even explain some of the craziness she did. She played the part very well, which I would have never guessed coming from her.
Minka Kelly (Sara Matthews)-Kelly was great. She was good when she had to play the clueless roommate. But, it was a nice breakout role for her. I loved her during the climax of the movie. She didn't play the victim, but the hero.

Poster: I will be honest...not a fan of the poster. It doesn't draw me in, it seems like something from the late 90s, early 2000s. However, Meester's expression scared the crap out of me.

Overall Rating: I give this movie a two out of four. The acting was good, but I need originality and you can not top Fatal Attraction!

 
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics