Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review: Shadowland (The Immortals #3) by Alyson Noël

Synopsis: At the start of this breathtaking novel, Damen and Ever travel to Summerland in search of an antidote to reverse a powerful poison. But instead of the cure they seek, they find something far more sinister: the truth about their existence and the fate lying in wait of an immortal’s soul.

Now, with Damen fighting to save them from the Shadowland, Ever turns to magick, hoping to break Damen’s curse. Along the way Ever encounters the mysterious Jude, finding herself drawn to him in a way that will test her love for Damen like never before . . .

Review
Plot: A nice continuation to the series. I'm glad that the series is not jumping from one problem to the next as I thought it might be. Ever and Damen aren't able to touch or kiss each other still, which makes the romance a verbal thing. That isn't a bad thing at all, I love Damen's little whispers of endearment to Ever. However, this one seemed to have dragged. I didn't like the endless cycle Ever and Roman would do. Roman would talk about a riddle he had and Ever still kept trying to solve it. I did like the trips to Summerland, they seemed to bring more insight into Ever's past and secrets Damen had kept. But, in the end, Roman is like a virus and never just stops! That does make things interesting though, but it doesn't stop me from hating him.

Characters: Ever-Again, I loved Ever because she always keeps trying. No matter what, she knows what she wants, even if there are obstacles getting in her way. It seemed like she was more determined for her and Damen to be together than Damen was. However, I wish that she was more loving and honest with Miles and Haven, it seems like she loves them but doesn't share with them anything while they always do with her.
Damen-I wanted to see more of Damen, he was out of the book more than usual. Even in Blue Moon, he was in the book, just not the way we would have liked. It seemed like he was more a stranger in here. I did love when he was in the scenes though, and couldn't help but love when he was getting jealous. It was too cute!
Roman-Hate him! Which is a good thing, if an author is able to make me hate an evil character than they're doing a great job. I wish he would just move along. The boy needs to get a life and move on from Drina. And, I hated his little perv comments to Ever. I hope Ever deals with him soon!
Jude-I hope Jude is in the next few books. He is a good character and I feel like we didn't get to really know him because Ever didn't want to and it was in her POV. I hope that I do get to know him because he seems genuine and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

Cover: I love the series' covers. This one truly fits with the book like the others do with theirs. I can't say why Ever has he crystals without spoiling, but they fit the theme of this book. However, I was thinking that showing a certain book that is continuously mentioned in Shadowland might have been better.

Overall Rating: I give this book a three out of four. It was a nice continuation, but it was dragging in some parts. Hopefully, Dark Flame will pick up from Shadowland and answer my questions!
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics