Thursday, February 17, 2011

Matched

"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she could focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she has ever known and a path no one else has dared to follow."
The story Matched captivated me instantly. I would find myself picking it up before I was finished with my other books just so I could find out what happened. I loved it! Cassia, is a strong, level-headed girl. She is a great role-model for everyone. She knows what she wants, but knows when to give in, at least a little. Xander, Cassia's best friend, is super smart, competitive, and cares about Cassia. Ky, an outsider, is mysterious and completely true to himself. I love him, and it's kind of funny, seeing as know someone with his exact name.
I picked it up before I should have and didn't care. I read through the whole thing in about a day and cannot wait for the next. Unfortunately, the next book, Crossed, doesn't come out until Nov. 1st. If you read this book, which I highly recommend, you will be dying to read the next one. Dying. I can't say I like the ending, but as long as there are many more books, I will be happy. I give this book a 4/4 without any debate. If I could, I would give it a five. Best book ever!
Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics