Monday, December 20, 2010

Entice Review

So, seeing as I just reviewed this upcoming book, it will be a little repetitive. So let's recap shall we....
"The clock chimes the end of an hour and a shudder breaks through me.
'What if he's dead, really dead?' I sucked in air, trying not to give in and cry. 'Gone-forever dead, you know? And I changed for nothing.'
The clock downstairs keeps chiming midnight. 'You don't believe that, do you?'
Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that's not how things have worked out. For starters, well, Nick is gone. He's been taken to some mythic place for warriors called Valhalla, where Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. It's just not going to be easy.
Meanwhile, Bedford needs it's warriors more than ever, since a group of evil pixies is devastating the place, with teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent. But even if Zara and her friends can find a way to Valhalla, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to leave with her? Especially considering she hasn't turned into just any pixie. . . She's Astley's queen."

Okay, may I just say... wow! I started this late last night, and I finished it in one day after reading it all day non-stop. There are now definite teams: Team Nick and Team Astley. I can't decide! Many people who reviewed this book, complained about how Zara was more whiny in this one and couldn't make a decision. I, on the other hand, sympathize. In Captivate, she was turned from a pixie hating human, to a pixie queen. Not to mention, she does this for her soul mate who is dead... or is he? Though, many complain about Zara, I love her character. She becomes stronger and more independent. She becomes more like the queen she is.
The plot got more and more complicated. Within one chapter I could go from crying to laughing to screaming at the book. Twists and turns were at every corner.
I still have yet to find a book I honestly don't enjoy. I give this book a 4. Carrie Jones can fit so much in just 264 pages. I cannot wait for the next book in her series to come out in January.
Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics