Friday, June 1, 2012

Interview with KC Blake

Today, we have KC Blake on BNR! This past April, KC Blake has released the second installment in her Witch-Game novel series, Witch Hunt. KC is gracing us with her presence to tell us more about her new series and what she goes through as a writer.

Here's a little about her:


Born and raised in California, I fell in love with writing while reading The Outsiders. Then I fell in love with Stephen King's writing style. I enjoy reading many types of books, but YA Paranormal is my favorite. I used to write for Harlequin under a different name. So that's my background. Exciting, no? Source

BNR: Just for our readers, give us a quick synopsis of the book.

KC: Starr is a reporter for the school paper and has her nose in everybody’s business.  When she hears the popular kids known as the It-Squad are about to start a secretive game, she wants to know more.  Their leader, Dylan Winchester, has been her crush for five years.  She wants him, and he seems to like her, too.  But Dylan isn’t allowed to date her.  So she hides under the headmaster’s desk, plants bugs, and breaks into a classmate’s home.  She discovers that not only are witches real, they need her help.  Someone is using the game to steal their memories, their powers, and perhaps even their lives.

BNR: What was the inspiration for the book?
KC: I loved the movie The Craft and thought it would be fun to mix that sort of ‘teen witch group’ atmosphere with a little mystery and a forbidden romance.

BNR: Why did you choose witches to be apart of the book?
KC: My agent warned me not to try werewolves or vampires again.  She wanted to see something fresh, something that wasn’t being used over and over.  Yes, I know there are books with witches, but they aren’t playing games.
BNR: Do any of the characters relate to you or anyone in your life?
KC: No.  My characters are sometimes bits and pieces of other characters from tv and movies with added quirks and things that I put together.

BNR: Is there any way that the first book, Crushed, relates to Witch Hunt?

KC: Grandma Noah puts in an appearance.  Other than that, the only tie in is that they are all witches using their powers to play games.

BNR: What can fans look forward to reading of your's in the future?

KC: I am going to release the third book in the Rule series, Shifters Rule, soon.  I am aiming for summer.  There will be more Witch-Game books in the future.  Plus, I am putting together an awesome hunter series with plenty of twists and turns and creatures not overly used.

BNR: What genre would you must like to dive into that you haven't touched yet?

KC: There isn’t one.  I’m doing what I love.

BNR: In both YA and Adult, what are key elements you have to touch for romance?

KC: Well, you don’t want love to be easily captured.  There has to be a good reason why the two characters might not be able to achieve their goal: a relationship.  It’s also nice to have plenty of chemistry.

BNR: What keeps you motivated to keep writing even during Writer's Block?

KC: Sometimes I have to leave one project behind for a while and working on something else, but I am always writing.  To me writer’s block is kind of fun.  I use the opportunity to explore new possibilities in my stories and usually come up with something that I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise.

Bonus: Since Summer Break is upon us, what do you love to do on vacation?

KC: Well, this time around I didn’t do anything.  I took a break from writing and from the Internet.  Most of my time was spent reading City of Bones.  It was awesome.  Thanks for the interview.

Thank you to KC for answering our questions! Please buy KC's new release, Witch Hunt, along with the first installment, Crushed. You can also check out KC's other series, The Rule.
Click to visit KC's website and Goodreads.

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics