Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tempestuous


"'I don't love Sonny Flannery.'
That's the lie Kelly Winslow told to protect the boy she loves from a power he doesn't know he possesses. Devastated, Sonny retreats- to a haven for Lost Fae that's hidden deep underneath New York City. But Kelley's not about to let things end in heartbreak. To get Sonny back, she's got to find out who's after his magick- and how to use her own. She's got to uncover who's recruiting Janus Guards to murderously hunt innocent Faerie. She's got to help rebuild the shattered theater company she called family. And she's got to do it all without getting dangerously distracted by the Fennrys Wolf, who's legendary heart of stone seems to melt whenever he's around Kelley. The intrigue and romance that began with Wonderous Strange and Darklight come to a stormy head in Tempestuous, the breathtaking conclusion to Lesley Livingston's ravishing urban Faerie trilogy."
If it were me, I would put CONCLUSION in bold. When I started reading this, all the way until I finished it, I had no idea this would be the last we hear from Kelley and Sonny. In a way, it's saddening to think of it. But as Alisha says "all good things must come to an end."
It starts off from where the last one left off. Kelley pulls an Edward, saying she didn't love Sonny for his safety. Sonny, of course, over-hearing this, is heart-broken and leaves. Kelley, feels the full weight of what she said, and wishes she didn't. The whole time I'm thinking "both of you, suck it up, talk it over, and fight this thing together!" I was highly frustrated. This book leads into more about Auberon, and even Mahb's dying state. You even see how much like her mother, Kelley really becomes.
I would have to say, this book gets a 3/4. I loved the plot, and am horribly sad it's over, but it was little confused and a tiny bit on the boring side. If I had known it would be the last, I wouldn't have skimmed, but seeing as it was a little uneventful, I did. Loved it, and am totally sad to see it go. I have no idea what she would write anything about, but I wish she would! If you can get past some of the boring spots, it's an awesome book.

Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics