Sunday, February 27, 2011

Review: I Am Number Four

Synopsis: Three are dead. He is Number Four. D.J. Caruso (“Eagle Eye,” “Disturbia”) helms an action-packed thriller about an extraordinary young man, John Smith (Alex Pettyfer), who is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events—his first love (Dianna Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny. John (Alex Pettyfer) is an extraordinary young man, masking his true identity and passing as a typical student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already been killed…he is Number Four. Source

Review
Plot: This is probably the best movie of 2011 so far. It was based off a novel by Pittacus Lore. This is a different take on "aliens". I loved the setting of the movie; it was set about John being on the run from those who are sent out to kill him. They have already killed three and now they are on to him. It was very thrilling, I was definitely the only one who screamed at certain parts. There are very suspenseful parts where it keeps you waiting on the edge of your seat. By the ending of the movie, and by what my friend told me, there seems like there will be a seuqel. However, I thought that about Salt too and yet there has not been anymore talk about a sequel for that either. (Plus, Alex Pettyfer might be a little busy as the role for a certain hot Shadowhunter.)

Actors: Alex Pettyfer (John)-He is going to be a new up and coming actor. He is so versatile with his roles so far and he does an amazing job which each one. I loved him in this and can not wait to see more of him.
Dianna Agron (Sarah)-Dianna was beautiful in here. She has set herself apart from the Glee cast and has gave herself a nice push in her acting career. I can't wait to see more of her and she definitely has shown that she can do more than sing a note.

Poster: There isn't a whole lot you can do with a title like "I Am Number Four", so I can't eally criticize the artwork. However, if I hadn't seen the trailer, I probably wouldn't have seen it based on the poster.

Overall Rating: I give this movie a four out of four. The effects and cast were incredible. I'm honestly hoping that the actors and the movie get some MTV Movie Awards!
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics