Saturday, January 15, 2011

Review: The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong

Synopsis: Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope. Source

Review
Plot: I've been loving the Darkest Powers series so far and The Reckoning was like the cherry on top for the series. I loved how this series wrapped up the questions and mysteries that some of us have had throughout. I loved the constant twists and turns that truly surprised me. Allies are enemies and real allies are nowhere in sight. I did like the romance underlies. You knew they were there and so did the other characters, but there were other things they had to deal with first. The ending was something that I was pleased with, but I wanted more! I wanted to see how everything panned out from there and what would happen to Chloe, Derek, Simon, and Tori. There is also one secret that is revealed to the readers that is not revealed to two certain characters that I wish was brought up.

Characters: Chloe-As always, I love Chloe. She is a great character to describe as a character who develops throughout the series. In The Summoning, everyone thinks that Chloe is childlike girl and in The Reckoning, she actually stnds up for herself. Everyone that thought her as innocent and harmless, retract their thoughts when they see her again.
Derek-Did I mention I love Derek? Well, I'll say it. I LOVE DEREK! He is sweet to Chloe, but stern with her when she does something he doesn't agree with. I will say I agree with Chloe that he does jump on her every move, but as The Reckoning progresses, you see why he acts the way he does.
Simon and Tori-I loved them. Tori seems like she is warming up to Chloe and they are slowly becoming better friends. She does start to stick up for Chloe and not chastise her as much. Simon is very lovable, like always. I do love how he starts coming into his own and doesn't need Derek to stand up for him anymore. He does need Derek to put him in check at times because of his diabetes, but you do see a new Simon in this book.

Cover: The cover is very beautiful. I loved how each of the covers were of Chloe and her necklace. I did like how the other two did show when the necklace changed colors in the book, but The Reckoning's covr confused me. I didn't know if I wasn't paying attention when they said it or if it wasn't in there, but I didn't see anything about the necklace changing colors. However, the cover is very beautiful.
 Overall Rating: I give this book a four out of four. I loved the main issues that were at hand, but also the budding romance that is finally happening. The characters were amazing and each one developed in their own way.
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics