Thursday, December 23, 2010

Review: Tron: Legacy

Opened: Dec. 17, 2010
Rated: PG
Runtime: 2 hrs. 7 mins.
Cast: Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde

Director: Joseph Kosinski
Synopsis: “Tron: Legacy” is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous. Source


Review: I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan, but I decided to give this movie a try. (Part that, part dragged there.) It was based off of the original movie and it seemed to have amazing effects.

The plot is a good version of how the story behind the game would have been. I loved how the beginning starts the action right off the bat. However, the plot was confusing until the very end when everything was revealed. Questions wouldn't be answered until the end and sometimes you're left confused.

Garrett Hedlund is an amazing actor and I think this was a good role for him. I loved Hedlund, he was serious but funny at times. I saw him in Troy, Four Brothers, Friday Night Lights, and Georgia Rule. To me, he's a really great actor and I think Tron will be a good start for his career in the future.

Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde were amazing supporting actors. I missed Jeff Bridges and seeing him in this reminds me of what an amazing actor he is. He is also in True Grit, so go check that out when you can as well. Olivia Wilde is a lovely actress, she was great in House. I think this was also a good break for her film career, she was amazing as Quorra.

I give this a 3 out of 4 because it has great acting with a great cast, but some of the dialogue was a little cliche and full of puns.
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics