Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Top 10 Movies of 2010

Everyone has been picking their favorite movies for 2010, so I decided I would try and take a swing at it for myself. I picked my top 10 from the list of movies I've seen this year.

10. The Wolfman
The Wolfman is probably the werewolf movie for 2010. Del Toro was amazing as Lawrence Talbot and I couldn't get enough of his quarreling with his father who is played by Anthony Hopkins. The effects were amazing and it was a great spin on the original.
9. Shutter Island
One word: DiCaprio. DiCaprio was absolutely amazing in this role and was different from his previous ones. Shutter was a good psychological thriller that kept you on the edge of your seat. I have to say that this movie was one of the those movies that was "jaw drop" worthy.
8. Remember Me
Rob Pattinson has slowly creeped up on my list of lovable actors. This was a good romantic drama that I have been missing for awhile! I loved the chemistry between Pattinson and de Ravin.
7. Alice in Wonderland
Tim Burton has done it again with this movie. I had to see this because of Tim Burton and was astonished by Johnny Depp's performance as the Mad Hatter and the AH-mazing effects.
6. Dear John
The ultimate love story of 2010. Sparks never disappoints with his love dramas. Tatum and Seyfried had great chemistry in here and I have to say that I did cry at the end of it.
5. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
I am a total TwiHard, but Eclipse was the best movie out of the three. The lighting was amazing, the acting was spot-on, the fighting sequences were awesome, and makes me totally ready for Breaking Dawn.
4. Eat Pray Love
This was one of my favorite movies of probably all time because I love travelling and this was a brilliant story of finding yourself on the inside and out. I also do love the little love lines and the food scenes were amusing.
3. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
This was definitely the funniest movie of 2010, hands down. I could not stop laughing when it came to this movie. Michael Cera was so hilarious in this movie from being akward to being fearless...in a way. The effects of making the movie into a comic book type of setting. The supporting actors made the movie complete because of their one liners.
2. The Social Network
This movie deserves an Oscar. When I first went to see this movie, I was set on seeing another movie. My friend and I saw this instead when we found out our movie wasn't in theaters and we loved it. It was amazing cinematic documentary. Eisenberg was amazing in this and I loved learning a little about how Facebook came to be.
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part I
I love Harry Potter and the last book was one of the only books I read in the series, so I went in with some set views in mind. I have to say that everyone stepped up their game this time around. Daniel, Emma, and Rupert were stunning in this movie. I loved the drama between the three and the true friendship. I absolutely loved the dark color scheme of the movie and the effects were, like always, perfect. A lot of heart break and hope, but this is an amazing movie for a part 1.

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics