Friday, December 17, 2010

12 Days of Bookmas: Ashley from Ashley's Bookshelf Q&A

I had the pleasure of meeting Ashley a few months ago when she made the new 'I Love Your Blog' Award icon!

Ashley has her own blog called Ashley's Bookshelf! I had the chance to have a quick Q&A with her:

How did you get started with Ashley's Bookshelf?

To be honest. I saw some book blogs around and thought it would be awesome to start my own. I just wish I could have came up with a cooler name, but I love it and wouldn't change for anything.

Was the first you thing you learned when you started blogging?
The first thing I learned? How to make a post and add pictures to it.

What is your favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
Favorite: Entering giveaways and meeting new people that share the same things I like.
Least: Losing followers. I hate to see followers go, but I understand.

Where do you get your blog designs?
I make them myself, except for the one now. Tawni @ The Book Worms made that one. I made the one at my other blog: Passions by Ashley. If you would like one then please email me at ashleysbookshelf at gmail dot com for the price.

Any tips for bloggers?
Just remember to be friendly and kind. Also not to be afraid to talk to authors/publishers. I have made some great friends with authors/publishers, just remember to be professional yet don't sound like a robot/computer talking ;]

Holidays:

Is there anything big you want for the holidays?
I would love to have an e-Reader with 3G wireless internet.

Is there anything holiday-wise you are doing for Ashley's Bookshelf?
Yes, actually I am participating in I Am A Reader, Not A Writer's Midwinter Eve's blog hop giveaway. I will be participating on both of my blogs. Be sure to check it out on Dec. 21!

What new will you be bringing to Ashley's Bookshelf in 2011?
Hopefully more awesome giveaways, and more book reviews.

Do you have any New Year's resolutions you have for yourself?
To study hard and try not let blogging take over.

Is there anything you wished (blog-wise) you did differently in 2010?
None that I can really think of. Maybe had more book reviews.

Thanks Alisha for having me today. Everyone please don't forget to check out my other blog Passions by Ashley and my Etsy shop. I now have a special on every order of $50 will receive a surprise pair of booties.

Thank you, Ashley for this Q&A and being a wonderful blog buddy!

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics