Thursday, November 25, 2010

Firelight (Firelight #1) by Sophie Jordan

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Turkey Day! Happy... well, that's all I can think of. Are you full beyond reason right now? Bleh, I am. Just wanted to say how I liked Alisha's post, and I am thankful for her too! I am thankful for my whole life, no matter how crazy it can get. (And trust me, it gets crazy!) Well, now on to my review!



"A hidden truth.


Mortal enemies.


Doomed love.


Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda in a draki- a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.


Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: he and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away- if it dies, she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy..."


The thing that brought me in immediately was the cover. Isn't it cool? Anywho, I loved everything about this book. The main character, Jacinda, after going against the draki's biggest rule, is threatened. Her mother, a draki who's dragon died, leaving her human, whisks her away to a place that makes her draki nearly die. Then, there's the whole romance side. Why must the pray always fall in love with their hunter? (And vice versa...)


Well, like I said; amazing book. I am going to give it a 4. I still am looking for a book that I can rate lower than 3... I just am not critical about books. Unless, they bore me. Then, I will give it a big fat 1.


So, if your looking for a fictional, young adult read, pick out this book at the book stores near you.
Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics