Saturday, October 23, 2010

Paranormal Activity 2 Review

Release: Oct. 22, 2010 (Wide)
Rated: R

Running Time: 91 minutes
Director: Tod Williams
Starring: Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Brian Boland, Sprague Grayden, Molly Ephraim, Tim Clemens
Preceded: Paranormal Activity
Synopsis: "After experiencing what they think are a series of "break-ins", a family sets up security cameras around their home, only to realize that the events unfolding before them are more sinister than they seem." IMDb

Review: I saw this at the midnight premiere and I have got to say that this is hands down one of the scariest movies of the year. I don't know if many of you are like me, but I am a type of person who loves the suspense and actual horror, not really keen on the gore aspects. (Yes, I am talking to you, Hostel and Saw!) And, sadly, paranormal stuff freaks me out because unlike Jason or Freddy, you don't know when that stuff will come and what it will do. So, Paranormal Activity scared me for weeks and Paranormal Acitvity 2 did the same.

I liked this one a tiny bit better because it wasn't a sequel, it was prequel. It is set 60 days before Katie's, um, situation happened. We meet Katie's sister, her husband, her stepdaughter, and their baby boy, Hunter. They have bought a new house not too far from where Katie and Micah live. I liked the fact that we see their story because it somes up a lot of questions you had in the first movie about what is happening and what happened to Katie.

I loved the stepdaughter out of the whole cast, she stole the whole thing. She will be a great new and upcoming actress but made the movie more believable. I won't give away too much but I loved her in the part with the Oujji board.

For this movie, I can't say too much without giving away anything but this movie is very high on the suspense scale. However, I will say that it was not as good as the first. The first had things in it that most of the audiences haven't seen before but PA 2 seemed like they took stuff from what happened in the first and just made it happen to the characters in the second. I do kind of see where they are coming from because it is the same demon doing that to both of the families but the demon needs to mix it up once in awhile.

I give this movie a three out of four because of the suspense and thriller but I have to make it lose a nail polish because of the lack of originality.

P.S. I read an article saying that there might be a PA 3D next year. They also said that it might be like Saw and have a new movie released every year around Halloween until people get tired of it, like Paranormal Acitivty: The Next Generation and so on. But, hopefully, in Paranormal Activity 3D, we get to see a continuation of the story we have been following.

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics