Saturday, October 30, 2010

FALLEN by Lauren Kate Review

Reading Level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 464 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published: Dec. 8, 2009
Language: English

Synopsis: Some Angels are Destined to Fall



There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.


Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her. Source

Review: Earlier, Blancy reviewed about this book, so check it out here if you want to see both of our's! But, first off I want to say that this book was AH-mazing! It took me about three weeks to read it because of all the schoolwork I had, but I finally completed it. All I can say is that I want more!

The book starts out interesting right off the bat. Luce is sent to boarding school after a freak incident that she is accused for doing. Her first day is nothing short of boring and we meet everyone that will be throughout the book soon.
Speaking of the characters, I have to say that these are some of the best characters I have ever read. They each seem to bring out a different aspect to the book, including the love interests. I like how Luce isn't seen as the most perfect girl but also not the worst girl in the world. She seems to mature and understand herself and the people as I got further and further into the book. I liked Luce because she wasn't too naive but she wasn't denying that some of what was going on had to be because of something unearthly.

Along with the characters, I loved the first part of the book where we look back to the past. When you first read it, you are a little confused but you know that this connects with the rest of the book as you read on.

All in all, I loved this book and I know you will love the climax. It leaves you wanting more and having more questions that you know have to be answered. I will say that if you love dark romance, I would read this book. I gave it a chance because my sister bought it for me and I have been hearing a lot of good things and anticipation for the sequel from different paranormal blogs. So, hear is another book blog saying "READ THE FALLEN!"

I give this book a four out of four for AH-mazing characters, plot, romance, horror, and writing!

P.S. Additional news for the FALLEN is that the sequel, TORMENT, is already on shelves and there is talk for FALLEN to be made into a movie. Disney has the rights I think. Again, not a big fan of a book like this to be made by Disney. (Just my opinion.)
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your review of Fallen, I'll have to move this book up on my list




    http://www.bookslikestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the book but it wasn't a particular favorite of mine...oh well.Great review, I liked reading about what you liked!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics