Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beautiful Darkness Review



What would you do if one choice marked you forever? If one decision could kill the ones you love? In Beautiful Darkness, the sequel to Beautiful Creatures, Lena Duchannes has to make that decision.

"Together, they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened up to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems."


When I first picked up this book, I could not put it down! I have been busy with my life lately, but any free time I had anyone could see me with this book in my hand. As the story progresses, you see Lena start to pull away from Ethan more and more until Ethan is desperate. Lena feels as though she is Dark, though she has not technically been claimed.

This book takes you twists, turns, surprises, feelings of sadness, happiness, and more! I rate this book four out of four! It is not difficult to understand, and was better detailed and explained than the first. Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl did an amazing job with this one. Even when you think everything is resolved, the last thirty pages hold surprises I didn't even think about! If your looking for the next book to read, Beautiful Creatures is what I would recommend to everyone!



Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics