Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wanted Wedensdays: In the Company of Vampires

If anyone has been on my blog more than once, there are three things that I commonly state about myself on here. I L-O-V-E love orange juice, I'm not a morning person, and I love vampire books! With those things said, I get up early nowadays to work on my blog and to look at authors to see whose books are coming out soon. Wanted Wedensdays will be my rant on how much I want for a certain book to come out!

This Wedensday's will be my rant over the upcoming book, In the Company of Vampires by Katie MacAlister. She wrote the two other books leading up to this one over in her other alias, Katie Maxwell.

I absolutely loved these books for two reasons: Fran and Ben. They are so cute together! I grabbed the first book, Got Fangs?, in the start of my vampire obsession because of a little book I like to call, Uninvited by Amanda Marrone. I loved the book and freaked out when my mom bought me the sequel, Circus of the Darned. The way the second book ended, I knew that there had to be a third, but when I went to go look, there was none. Of course, I found out soon afterwards that the lovely Katie Maxwell was under another alias, Katie MacAlister. I looked at her other site and saw not even a drop of information on Fran and Ben's story. So, I emailed her about it and she emailed me weeks after telling me that their story will continue, just only not in YA. Being the dedicated reader I am, I didn't care! A few months ago, I found out that there will be a third book coming out with Fran and Ben in the plot. Fran is the narrator again which makes me jumping with glee because Fran is absolutely hilarious to me.

The synopsis of the book:
If only a broken heart were all she had to deal with…

…but there are Viking ghosts, gods, werebeings, and one sexy as sin vampire on Francesca’s case. And her biggest trouble is Loki, the trickster god.
When Fran arrives at Goth-Faire to deal with him, things go from bad to worse, for her immortal ex, Benedikt, is there…with a new girlfriend.
Shapesifters, Vikings, and a town filled with deranged opera fans…it’s a good thing Fran’s no ordinary mortal… Goodreads

I'm really excited about this book, my only question is that, in the second book (SPOILERS!) Fran and Ben were about to go on a first date and now they aren't together? I wonder what happened. Or, if I missed a book in between. No clue! But, I will find out. I did email Katie MacAlister and asked for an interview on here! Fingers crossed! (I asked Cassandra Clare as well!) But, In the Company of Vampires comes out November 2nd, 2010 and I suggest you ALL read the series. It's a nice series, it's not too adult and not too YA, so please give it a try!

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, sounds like a good one! I LOVE me some vampires...even if their last name isn't Cullen...or Hale. :)

    So, I'm guessing you FINALLY got your WFE book?

    Thanks for joining in the discussion today!!

    Tess♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics