Friday, June 25, 2010

The Karate Kid (2010) Review

The other day I saw an amazing movie called Karate Kid. I will admit that I did not want to go see it because I'm sometimes not a big fan of just action movies. But, Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan did a great job with making this remake incredible!
The movie begins with Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) getting ready to move with his mom (Taraji P. Henson) to Japan because of a job transfer. Dre tries to adjust to the culture over there but gets in a rough patch with some of the boys at his school. One day, Mr. Han (Jackie Chan), the janitor of his apartment building, protects Dre from the other boys beating him up. That's where Dre asks Mr. Han to help teach him karate because of a match between all of the boys.
The movie has a good concept with peace and harmony but to defend yourself as well. You see two sides of karate, which I like because usually you get only one side of a certain topic in movies. Jaden and Jackie are great together on screen when it comes to building a friendship and helping one another in their time of needs.
The genre of the movie is action but I do like how the movie does have it's funny sides and the small romance and the emotional parts that leave you tearing up.
For me, I got really into the movie and loved it! The whole audience (including me and my friend) were "yay"ing and "ahh"ing during the competition.
I give this movie a four out of four nail polishes! It was absolutely incredible and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the actors or the movie itself wins an Oscar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics