Sunday, October 21, 2012

Super Song Sundays: Taylor Swift

OMG
Taylor Swift's new album FINALLY came out!
Ahhhh!
Okay, I'm done fangirling for the moment. I'm just soo excited. Okay, so lately I've been hearing Taylor getting a bunch of hate. What the heck? Okay, I have to admit, she doesn't have Celine Dion's voice but have you heard her songs? Her songs are fun, full of energy and life, and you can relate! I love how she has a song for everything!

Songs: 
1. State of Grace

2. Red

3. Treacherous
4. I Knew You Were Trouble
5. All Too Well
6. 22
7. I Almost Do (<--- One of my faves!)
8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

 9. Stay Stay Stay
10. The Last Time (featuring Snow Patrol)
11. Holy Ground
12. Sad Beautiful Tragic
13. The Lucky One
14. Everything Has Changed (featuring THE ED SHEERAN 0.0)
15. Starlight
16. Begin Again (<--- I'm completely in love with this song!)


Overall? I love this album! It has a little of everything! When "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" came out, honestly I was a little bummed. Don't get me wrong, I love the song now! But at the time, all I thought was how different she sounded now compared to her first album. And she is different! But after hearing everything, I've decided it's not actually a bad thing. I love her old music, but she has matured so much. She's talking about deep problems rather than some high school crush. 

Why Red? Why is that the new title? She explains why by saying 

"All the different emotions that are written about on this album are all pretty much about the kind of tumultuous, crazy, insane, intense, semi-toxic relationships that I’ve experienced in the last two years. All those emotions — spanning from intense love, intense frustration, jealousy, confusion, all of that — in my mind, all those emotions are red. You know, there’s nothing in between. There’s nothing beige about any of those feelings" (Taylor Swift).

I love that! It's so true! She's grown so much and learned so much and you can tell in her music. She has a lot of good songs to look up for when you have a broken heart but also for everything else. 

I could go on and on (and on and on and on...) about how amazing her and this album are but here's what I have left to say. Ready for it? BUY THIS ALBUM. Yes. Buy it. Now. It's amazing! See how many exlamation marks I used in this review? It's because I'm compeltely fangirling right now. My friends are like "Wow, Brooke, calm yourself." So I came here to fangirl to you guys. So buy this album now! Like... leave school or leave the dinner your cooking. Just go buy it. Because you will be so happy rainbows will appear and your life will become infinitely better. It's true.

Taylor Swift is AMAZING!

Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics