Sunday, August 19, 2012

Super Song Sundays: Kerli

Okay so I think my music is just getting weirder and weirder but I want to show you guys stuff I don't think you've ever seen, rather than why I like Taylor Swift. This time, I'm choosing an artist who is particularly strange but has awesome music.
Kerli!
This is a more... normal picture of her. Usually she's dressed like a porcelain doll or some other strange outfit. But this is the beautiful Kerli. Some of her story?

Kerli (her actual name!) was born in 1987 in Estonia. When she was just fifteen she started her singing career. When she was sixteen she moved away to live on her own. She was living in an abandoned home and only eating rice during the winter. When she was eighteen she moved to America, finally being signed onto and setting her on the music road. 

Despite her hard upbringing and road, she has now had one album out along with other singles. If any of you are familiar with Almost Alice from the Alice in Wonderland movie, she sang Tea Party and Strange (with Tokyo Hotel). She also helped write - get this- Skyscraper by Demi Lovato! How cool is that?

In 2008 she came out with her first album, Love is Dead. She hasn't had any other albums yet but she is working on them and I love this album. Her most well-known song, Walking On Air, is also on this album and it is shown below. (It's slightly creepy but that's just her style.)

Her other song that I really like is on the Almost Alice album called Tea Party. It's really cool and it's fun to sing with.Again, it's also a bit weird.

For more of her strange music videos you can go here onto her Youtube channel. I actually really like them. Her new song is going to be on the Frankenweenie album. I'm excited for that! I hope one day she'll get bigger than she already is. 


Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics