Friday, August 5, 2011

{Friday Round-Up} Book Blogger Hop :: Follow Friday :: TGIF

Book Blogger Hop
Q: What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

A: That's so hard! I have to say that probably Silence (Hush, Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick is the one I want the most. I haven't even gotten the chance to read Crescendo yet, but I loved Hush, Hush and am hooked into this series. The covers, the writing, the characters, the plot...everything! I would love to have this ARC!



Q: Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). 

A: I would have to say that the Twilight Saga is what influenced my life. I read the series around three years ago before the movies came out. During that time, my family was going through so much and it was hard to handle it. I didn't have that much support to go to and I was confused as to my position and my health. I got hooked to Twilight because it was my escape. I wanted to get completely away from where I was at and the rainy days of Forks was that place. It was more of a coping mechanism for me and helped me to get through those times.

Q: Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?

A: Hmm...I think the book that I still remember is I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder. Everyone has lost someone close and this book really touches on all the emotions after you lose them. This book really helped me when I lost someone close to me and coping with having lost them. I was kind of envious because the main character still had her boyfriend's spirit around and when she was ready to move on, so was he. But, after thinking about it, I saw that you should grieve over that person, but also learn to move on. That doesn't mean that you should forget them, but come to terms with the person's spirit moving on.

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

4 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE your post! I cannot wait for "Silence." I'm in love with that series! I also agree with your Twilight pick :) I'm now following you!

    Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/3vjl5
    Also, here's my most recent giveaway: http://tiny.cc/bmdog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twilight is very popular this week. Come to my blog Livre De Amour. Your blog is very pretty. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, new follower stopping by!

    I haven't read Hush, Hush yet, but it's on my TBR! Hope you enjoy the other books in this series!

    Feel free to stop by my blog sometime, and have a great weekend :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics