Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sirensong (Faeriewalker #3) by Jenna Black

"When Dana is invited to Faerie to be officially presented at the Seelie Court, it's no easy decision. After all, everyone knows Titania, the Seelie queen, wants her dead. But Titania declares not to be the one behind the death threats; and her son, Prince Henry, makes the decision a whole lot easier when he suggests Dana might be arrested for (supposedly) conspiring to usurp the Seelie throne. So she and her father better do as they're told... The journey through Faerie is long- and treacherous. Dana thought it would be a good idea to have her friends along, but her sort-of-boyfriend, Ethan, and her bodyguard's son, Keane, just can't seem to get along, and Kimber's crush on Keane isn't making anything easier. When a violent attack separates Dana from their caravan, the sexy Erkling saves her in just the nick of time... and makes it clear he hasn't given up on making her his own. Arriving at Titania's beautiful palace should be a relief. But Dana is soon implicated in an assassination attempt against Titania's granddaughter, and is suddenly a fugitive, forced to leave her father behind as she and her friends flee for their lives. Will she be able to prove her innocents before the forces of the Seelie Court- or worse, the Erkling- catch up with her? And will she save her father before he pays the ultimate price in her stead?"

Plot: This is another book that fails to mention it's the FINAL book in it's series (Faeriewalker). I emailed the author, Jenna Black, asking a couple of questions. One thing I asked was when the next one would be out since couldn't find a date or anything. She said... it was actually over! This was her favorite book out of the series, and I think it's mine too. I love the shocks and surprises and it always seems that as soon as one problem is solved another arises.
Main Character(s): I still love Dana. She's strong an knows the difference between right and wrong. Bravery and stupidity. I love her. I feel bad for her, because I have to say, her mom isn't the best in this one. I wanted to strangle her at times, and so did she, but she sticks with her.
Cover: All the covers (especially this one) are all so different from each other. But they all have similar aspects, like the sparkles. I love this one, and the color contrast.

Overall Rating: I give this a 3/4. I probably should give it a 4, but I am stubborn and don't exactly like who she ends with, but you can decide for yourself! This is the best book, and despite my feelings, has a great ending. It's well written, and I enjoyed it as much as the others.


Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics