Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wanted Wednesday: Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Most readers know that the Hunger Games series will be made into movies with Jennifer Lawrence playing the lead role, Katniss. I have kept up with the series and movies, not only to post for BNR, but to keep up with myself. It's such a complex story for the future. I, personally, find it fascinating how some authors can create these whole worlds and new creatures where now we look at things in a whole new light.

The Hunger Games has been something I wanted to get my hands on for some time. I really want to read this series to see what the hype is about. I've read Twilight and some of Harry Potter, so I definitely got the reasons why millions of people were addicted to these series. But, I haven't gotten the chance to see why HG is as great as people say.

I feel like I am a fan myself and I haven't read any of the books. I keep up with HG blogs, read news and reviews over the books, listen to updates on the movies, and even started to indulge into fanfic trailers and posters! I really want to read this series and be even more excited for the movies.

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

Summary: Source

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a NOOk? I have the complete trilogy,,and there lendable..Ill be happy to share,,if you think you can read a book in 14 days..
    just let me know
    Jen
    westtexasjen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this at the book store last week. Haven't gotten around to reading it yet. But my local Wal-Mart had it for 6.87 I believe. You should check there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics