Sunday, June 5, 2011

Review: Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses #8) by Ellen Schreiber

Synopsis: The morbidly monotonous Dullsville has finally become the most exciting place on earth now that Raven is madly in love with her hot vampire boyfriend Alexander, and a crew of vampires has taken residence in Dullsville's old mill. Raven discovers Jagger's plan to open a new club, The Crypt, right here in Dullsville. But is it her dream come true, or her worst nightmare? Raven and Alexander have to figure out what the nefarious vampire has in store for Dullsville's teen and vampire population. Can Raven convince Jagger to listen to her plans to make the Crypt the morbidly magnificent dance club it could be? Will it be safe for mortals and vampires alike?

And as Sebastian and Luna's relationship heats up, Raven wonders about her own amorous fate: Will Alexander ever turn her? Does he crave her and does he want to spend eternity together? And what does she really want?

With cryptic secrets and cravings, this eighth installment in the Vampire Kisses series is a romantic and mysterious thrill ride. Source

Review
Plot: I love this series. Even though they are short, they are wonderful quick reads and they leave me wanting more. I loved Cryptic Cravings, but I was disappointed with a lack of romance. Each VK does not disappoint with the constant romantic dates in the cemetery and the bunches of black roses, but this time around, we barely got any of that. I will say that the rest of the book did fill in the romantic blanks with good mystery and drama. But, Jagger opening up a club in Dullsville? I love the idea, but I wish we could have built up to the situation, not just having it pop out of nowhere. I wish the books were longer so we can not only see character progression, but plot progression as well.

Characters: Raven-She is a very realistic character. She wants to have her all-time dream come true, but isn't sure if she wants to leave everything behind for it. Raven is a great character because usually all the vampire's girlfriends want is the vampire and that's it, but Raven sees that she's leaving behind her family, friends, and human life. I did like when she was seeing that not only was she in love with Alexander, but maybe...just maybe, there was something there with Trevor too.
Alexander-If there was a swoon button, I'd just click it a thousand times for Alexander and move on. But, since there is none, I will say that Alexander makes my heartache. He's the perfect boyfriend. In here, you see not only his constant romantic side but his protective and superior side. I loved that side of him and hope to see more!

Cover: Love the cover! I do wish that we had a cover for Alexander or Jagger or another character. Don't get me wrong, I love the covers with Raven, but I think I can speak for a lot of VK fans when I say we want to see a little more Alexander. Maybe we will on the next installment!

Overall Rating: I have to give this book a three out of four. I wish it was longer and something big happened. In a way, it did, but nothing that blew my mind. I'm hoping something extraordinary happens in the next book. However, I will stand by the series and say that anyone who loves vampires or romance, read this series. Plus, if you read The Coffin Club, you'll be happy to hear that a very sexy and well-missed character will reappearing in this book!
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics