Monday, June 6, 2011

Once a Witch

"Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never showed up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost family heirloom for him. The search- and the stranger- will prove to be more sinister than they first appeared, ultimately sending Tamsin on a treasure hunt through time that will unlock the secret of her true identity, unearth the sins of her family, and unleash a power so vengeful that it could destroy them all."

Plot: The plot was okay, and it actually was pretty unique. It wasn't too overused, and had good twists and turns. For some reason though, it didn't keep my attention well. I would read, just because it was the book I was reading, not because I HAD to know the ending and it wasn't a constant page turner.

Main Character: The main character, Tamsin, is the outcast in her family, and doesn't take it well. Being ignored by all her once-friends, and being looked down on has really taken a number on her. So much that she pretends to be her sister, Rowena, for some attention. Sometimes, she can bug me, but over all, I like her.

Cover: Unfortunately, my computer isn't letting me put up pictures today, so I can't show you the cover. It's not that amazing though. I never really like having people on the cover because it doesn't leave you has much to remember. Though, if they cut off the eyes, or only show a part, that's okay. This shows her full body, and she holding a book. It's okay, just nothing special. I've seen an alternate cover, and like it a lot better.

Overall Rating: I have to give this one a 2/2. It was an okay read, but like the cover, nothing special. There's another one after called Always a Witch, and I might read it, but if it's just as good as this, than probably not. I wouldn't recommend reading it, but if your bored and looking for something to read, it could be your type of story.
Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics