Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Review: Tron Legacy (2010)

Synopsis: The son of a virtual world designer goes looking for his father and ends up inside the digital world that his father designed. He meets his father's creation turned bad and a unique ally who was born inside the digital domain of The Grid. Source

Plot: So, I'm sure everyone knows where this is from, am I right? Such an awesome old movie to be remade. Great cast, new faces (Well, ones I've never seen!), and great visuals. I saw it in 3-D, opening night and it was amazing *insert high-pitched voice here*! Everything from the characters to the emotions and to the graphics and action, it was just awesome. Some reviewers complained that it wasn't "like the original," but it was a solid movie on its own. Along with this movie, it had great tracks (Special appearances from my favorite DJs of all time and hyperspace - Daft Punk) that gave the movie ambiance. Throughout the movie and trailers, I expected more action parts, but overall, it was great to watch just as it is.


Characters: 
Kevin Flynn/Clu (Jeff Bridges): I love this guy. One of my favorite "older" actors. He was great, considering he had to play two different parts (sometimes clashing). I do like how you see change within his character, and it was portrayed very well. I've always had a soft spot for Jeff Bridges; he's pretty awesome. 
Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund): He was a stud muffin! He did very well in the movie, and he played Sam fairly good. I do like his sarcasm and his one-liners, which gave Sam a bit more depth. Had he not been Sam, I don't think I would've liked the character as much. 
Quorra (Olivia Wilde): I love her character. She seemed so naive to Sam's outside world, away from the Grid, and she gave the movie, to me, a bit more realism to how characters react. She is a strong character, and I did enjoy her part. I'm planning to go see Cowboys and Aliens soon with my Dad, so I hope to see her again! 
Castor/Zuse (Michael Sheen): He is such a cool kid. I love how eccentric he is in this movie! I did enjoy his part because he has been in a couple of movies, which one of my favorites is the series, Underworld, playing as Lucian. I've always enjoyed watching Michael Sheen, and I think he played Castor very well. I would say more, but that would spoil the movie!

Poster: I do like the promotional poster. It gives a peek of Sam and Quorra, as well as a snippet of the Grid's scenery.

Overview: This movie receives a 4/4. I did enjoy this movie a lot in theaters. So much, that when I got home from school, my sister and I raced to the store to purchase it on DVD as soon as it came out. I do enjoy the graphical aspects of the movie as well as the characters. You see a lot of bravery and strength in the characters as well as sadness and a bit of anger. There was emotion in the characters and not a bland storyline that I expected to see.
Inked with Brilliance and Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics