Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Gathering Review

"Strange things are happening in Maya's tiny Vancouver Island town. First, her friend Serena, the captain of the swim team, drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. Then, one year later, mountain lions are spotted rather frequently around Maya's home- and her reactions to them are somewhat. . .unexpected. Her best friend, Daniel, has also been experiencing unexplainable premonitions about certain people and situations. It doesn't help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret, and he's interested in one special part of Maya's anatomy- her paw-print birthmark."

Once I found out that Kelley Armstrong was going on with her Darkest Power series, I was so excited. Then I found out that there was totally new characters, and I was doubtful. But she did not disappoint.


Plot: Overall, I really liked the plot. It didn't really get anywhere, and absolutely no questions were answered, but as long as she has two more books, I love where the book is going.


Main Characters: I love Maya because she is so head strong and stubborn. Sometimes she makes you want to scream because she is too stubborn, but it all works out. I can't help but think of Derek when Daniel comes into the story! They just seem the same to me and I love him! Rafe is a whole other story though. Throughout the whole thing, you have to work really hard to figure out what he's all about.


Cover: I have to say, I miss the necklace theme, but this works nicely for this story, seeing as a necklace would make no sense.


Overall Rating: How can I not give my favorite series 4 nail polishes? Though, so far, it can't op the original three, I still love it. Plus, I got a lot of goosebumps when the "Genesis Project" happened to be mention and she had no idea what it was about, but I did. Loved this book, and it was exciting all the way through. Just don't expect any question to be answered.

Sweet Daydreams,

Brooke



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics