Monday, December 13, 2010

Music Monday: Michael Jackson's Album "Michael"

Happy Monday, everyone! I am a little more happy this Monday because I got a 2 hr delay at my school! But, I am here with you guys to tell you guys about a new feature we have here at BNR, it is called Music Mondays. We review books, movies, and the occasional TV obsession, but we want to expand our sights on other things like music. Music Mondays will be a place where we will discuss anywhere from our new favorite song to a new album being released.

For this Music Monday, we will be talking about Michael Jackson's new album self-titled "Michael". This album consists of ten songs that no one has ever heard and was made before Michael's tragic death.

People have said that these songs don't sound like our "Thriller" Michael, but there are some tracks that stand out.

The tracks on the CD are:

Hold My Hand (feat. Akon)
Hollywood Tonight
Keep Your Head Up
(I Like) The Way You Love Me
Monster (feat. 50 Cent)
Best of Joy
Breaking News
(I Can't Make It) Another Day (feat. Lenny Kravitz)
Behind the Mask
Much Too Soon

I have personally heard Hold My Hand and Breaking News. I have to say that these are not Michael's usual sound, but they seem to stand on their own. Michael has always been an artist who knows what's next, so these aren't his old songs, but they are amazing on their own. I think we have to remember that Michael makes each album different somehow and I'm glad we get some new stuff from him. Even when he's gone, he's still living.

"Michael" comes out tomorrow, Dec. 14!

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics