Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review: Siren by Tricia Raybun

"Vacationing in Winter Harbor, Maine, is a tradition for Vanessa and Justine Sands, and that means spending time with the Carmichael boys. This summer, Vanessa is determined to channel some of her older sister's boldness, get over her fear of the ocean, and maybe turn her friendship with Simon Carmichael into something more.
But when Justine goes cliff-diving after a big family argument, and her body washes ashore the next day, Vanessa is sure that it was more than an accident. She is more certain of this, when she discovers that her sister was keeping some big secrets and Caleb Carmichael's gone missing. Suddenly, the entire oceanfront town is abuzz when a series of grim, water-related accidents occur, when male victims washed ashore grinning from ear to ear.

Vanessa and Simon team up to figure out if these creepy deaths have anything to do with Justine and Caleb. But will what Vanessa discovers mean the end of her summer romance, or even life as she knows it?"

When I picked up this book, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know what it was about. But after getting swept into her world, I realized how scary the water can be. One things for sure, I will never go cliff-diving. Ever.

This book takes a little bit of time to get into it, but once you do, it is a great read. For once, I actually could put the book down to do what I needed to, but once I picked it up, I enjoyed the story. The book had romance, but wasn't based only on the mushy gushy relationship. It even gets a little creepy at times.

I am going to give this book a rating of 3/4 polishes. For anyone looking for a good read, look into this book!


Sweet Daydreams,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics