Thursday, October 7, 2010

You Again Review


RATED:
PG: " For brief mild language and rude behavior,"

DIRECTOR:
Andy Flickman

WRITER:
Moe Jelline

RELEASE DATE:
SEPTEMBER 24, 2010






My Synopsis:
Let's face it, Marni (Kristen Bell) was not the popular kid in senior year. She was the only loser, only ugly-faced person, and only geek in the whole school. Marni was tormented Joanna (Odette Yustman), who made her life a living hell.

A few years later, Marni is successful woman, who is happy, and now VP of a Public Relations Agency. Marni is coming home for her brother, Will's (John Wolk), wedding. Until she finds out that her brother is marrying her high school nemesis, Joanna. Her brother sees Joanna as the perfect angel in his eyes, which is the exact opposite of what Marni sees.

All of this is compounded by the fact that the bride's wealthy Aunt Romona (Sigourney Weaver) flies into town and comes face to face with Marni's mother Gail (Jamie Lee Curtis), who it turns out has an old high school score to settle with Gail.

Now that they're about to become family, Marni and her mom do their best to let bygones be bygones. But old grudges die hard, and by the time the wedding bells chime, these old foes will already have some saucy stories to share with their grandchildren.

The claws are about to come out.

My Review:
I thought that this movie was funny, hilarious, and very cute. The plot is very original, but some of the parts were a little bit cheesy.
I thought the casting and the make up was great. Kristen Bell is a very pretty girl, and it couldn't have been easy to transform her into the unattractive high school geek that Marni was supposed to have been. Yet make-up artists and Bell's adoption of some less than pretty tics make you believe in the earlier version of Marni. Odette Yustman also does a good job as the pretty, popular girl whose mission in life is to make Marni miserable. Some of the movie's best moments come, though, as the result of the past and present rivalry between Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver. I'd be very surprised if the two of them had less than a ball doing their scenes together because it certainly shows on screen that way.
Not only was the movie great, the background music is very current. For example I know I heard Toxic by Britney Spears in one of the scenes.
Oh, and let's not forget legendary, Betty White. She is one of my favorite actors. She plays Grandma Bunny and is hilarious and silly.
I really enjoyed this movie. I would recommend this to ages 10+.

Here is the link to one of the trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-UMzt9e34
from,
madigan aka m@dz

1 comment:

  1. That sound Like a movie I would watch. I begin trying to get my friend SU to go see it with me. I really like you review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics