Monday, January 4, 2010

Review: Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga #4) by Stephenie Meyer

The famous and world wide known Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. If you've been leaving under a rock, the story consists of Bella Swan marrying her one and only, Edward Cullen, and having a series of situations to go through. Like pregnancy, dealing with the Volturi and getting mad at Jacob...for imprinting. Over this Christmas, I recieved the whole series.
[Been on my Christmas list for a looong time!]

So during my winter break, I decided to reread Breaking Dawn...to see small details I missed. As I started reading it, I couldn't help but notice how whiny Bella was with her new gift. Okay yes it was extravigent for a car in Forks but still that Mercedes was too gorgeous to pass up. How can you whine over something like this?!:

The only whining that should be down is if it got stolen or taken away! How can you whine over having to drive that^^. Pitiful. As I was reading about the wedding, Bella kept whining and whining and whining. I'm sorry but I truly think that marrying Edward Cullen isn't that bad! It's not like your at a shot gun wedding held up against your will, if it was truly that big of a deal...she could of said a simple 'no'. But nooo! leaving Edward would crush her! Then how about enjoy the stupid wedding, it means one: you'll be a vampire that much sooner, two: you'll be able to get it on with your husband who is EDWARD CULLEN and three: you'll be with that beautiful dude for the rest of eternity! I would be the happiest person in the world if I was marrying my one and only and he wanted me! And, also I wouldn't get so down on myself. A vampire and werewolf want her. I'd be pretty arrogant if I was Bella. There were a few things I was unhappy with like the fact that there was no fiht. Okay, Steph, I get someone would have to die (and someone did anyways!) but why not create a fight. it would have been awesome to see Bella work her shield and having all the powers work against each other. And no one has to die...just be damaged. I don't know. The book is amazing with the detail but sometimes I think it could have used a little less detail because I was more focused on what color the trees were while Bella ran around as a newborn than why she was heading towards a human. Overall, I loved the book it has been one of my favorites so far! I truly hope they make it into a movie just hope that KStew will tune down the whiniess because she has done that throughout Twilight, New Moon, and I know Eclipse. She's more a deep in thought actress than a whiner. So, I loved Breaking Dawn and I do think everyone should read it no matter how much you don't like the Twilight saga. So A+, Stephenie Meyer!

Peace and Fangs,
Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: Resources Graphics